The Amazing Spider-Man

Okay, I think I might have a new favorite superhero! 
Last week we saw the first Amazing Spider-Man and I really liked it! I loved that it was a nice mix of Tobey Maguire and Tom Holland!
The first one is the origin story. It's all the gross stuff like having spiders fall on top of him and watching in agony as you see the spider bite him (it's everyone's worst nightmare!!!!). And it shows the usual figuring out his powers and keeping them from the people that he loves the most.
Then you introduced to the movie's villain-  a giant lizard guy! What even is this villain's name?... After googling it, his name is The Lizard... That was original. And it just happens to be that Peter is responsible for making this guy. So predictable! 
And as usual, the hero has to have a love interest- Gwen Stacy. She is the usual pretty, smart girl who (spoiler alert!) surprisingly finds out about Peter pretty early on in the movie. It was so refreshing to not have the stupid story where the whole time the girl likes him and he likes her but he's a superhero so he can't be with her and he won't tell her who he is!
I REALLY loved this movie, like a lot! But I did like the second one better!

If the first one was too good to be true romance wise the second one will always bring the problems! This one Gwen and Peter like each other but they both agree that they can't be together because Peter doesn't want to hurt her.
You're also introduced to one of the movie's villains, Harry Osborn. He's Peter's friend from when they were little. But Harry is dying and he thinks the only thing that can save him is Spiderman's blood. He begs Peter to find Spiderman and ask him so the whole movie Peter is also struggling with that. 
Also, Peter finds out some very important information about his dad that will blow your mind! Well, maybe not really.


I love both of these movies so much! They're funny, dramatic, and sweet!

Comments

  1. I think these are the first Spiderman I saw! And then last weekend, we saw the animated one, what's it called, something about Spider verse. So many different versions! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the first one, which I liked! I'll need to see the second one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah and Rebekah kept saying he reminded them of Teddy the entire time which was pretty annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's funny. I don't really remember; it's been a few years since I saw it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts