30-Day Social Media Fast

 Recently I've been watching a ton of movies about my you should take a break from social media. Their reasons were pretty good- it wastes your time, you compare yourself too much, your more distracted, and you just don't want to be a slave to anything especially social media. I thought these were good reasons but I thought that I didn't need to take a break. I was really good about not getting onto the phone or computer until after my chores and school and I certainly wasn't one of those people who was addicted to my phone or computer. Yet, the more I thought about it the more I realized how whenever it was time to workout I'd grab the phone to get inspired first. An hour later I was watching how to make unicorn cupcakes. How did I end here? It's almost like your brain completely shuts off and then after it's too late you wake up again and realize how much time you've wasted.
 So, I decided to take a 30-day social media fast. I'm not getting on Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Blogger (I still might post a little but I'm not going to be reading blogs), and Gmail. I know I'm going kinda crazy with all these sites but the truth is that I never get any important emails, and all the other ones are really just wastes of my time.
 Also, one thing I've been doing way too much is listening to music. I know it sounds harmless but I felt like I had to be listening to music whenever I was on the computer, whenever I was doing school, whenever I was clean, you get the point. So I'm not listening to my playlists that I've made on Youtube. I have been listening to a little of the Liberty Quartet on the computer when I edit and do German but that's it.

I've been doing this for four days and I really hasn't been that hard. I just try to avoid the apps that tempt me the most. I've deleted the Instagram and Pinterest apps off of the phone and that's been super helpful! I do get on Youtube twice a week to post on there but I try to just post and not do anything else.
 It also just sounds fun, after the month is over I can get an overload of my favorite Youtubers' new content. I only have a few Youtubers I REALLY like and they only post about once a week so I'll get at least four of their videos by the end of this!

 I'll probably do a post about this when I'm done but I thought I would share it with you guys and challenge you to do this with me, even if it's not for a whole month, it could be a week or two, whatever works for you!

 Alright guys, that's all for today, I'll see you soon,
Bye!

Comments

  1. Great idea! I, too, often reach for my phone when I have a spare minute instead of doing something useful. And yes, deleting apps is one of the best methods for me - Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube are big time wasters for me, too. I had them deleted for about a week, then found myself super bored at my brother-in-law's house, so redownloaded them again. :-P I probably should have grabbed a book, instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lyd! I hope you keep posting on here about what's been filling your time. Blogging for me was more like writing and journaling, and not as much social media.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts