Where You Find Your Happiness

Today I got up late, I tried to do my math but failed miserably. So then I thought "I need to make myself happy again." So I got onto the computer to listen to pop music. But that didn't help my sadness. I decided to edit one of my videos because that always cheers me up, but that still didn't make me happy. So what would make me happy? Watch Kayley Melissa, of course, that'll get me inspired and she always so cheerful. But even after watched a fun, inspiring Kayley Melissa movie I still was not happy.
 Where does true happiness come from? I realized then that I was looking at earthly things to give me something that only Jesus can give a person. If your lost, depressed, or lonely trying to find answers in humans or objects will not help you. It's like trying to take a quick fix drug, you take a little and at first, it satisfies you. But then after a little while you need more, so you take more and soon you realize that this will not help you. The only problem is that people instead of turning to God they go to the next "quick fix". And Satan finds very subtle ways of hiding your "quick fixes". It could be in your job or hobby, it may be in a spouse or a family member. And sometimes people go the extreme, drugs, alcohol, and sex.
 If you don't turn to God in you just sad days then when times get really hard you haven't made that strong relationship.
 But the good news is no matter where you are, whether your "quick fix" is in a YouTube movie or something more extreme it's never too late to run to the arms of Jesus.
 So, to finish up my story, my day was sad, I tried everything but then I realized what I had done. I confessed to Jesus and I know He forgave me. Then I prayed that even if I had a bad day that he would help me look to Him and joy and happiness is a product of that.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts