On Shirts, Comforters, Ink , and Paint

 So, a couple days ago I was making a Star Laboratories shirt (from the Flash) and I finished it. I was so excited and the next day was proudly wearing. Well, that morning my mom informed me that I spelled laboratories wrong. I forgot the "o" after "b". Very frustrated I threw the shirt out because I didn't want to wear a shirt that looked nonprofessional. (Now that I think about it, no one would've noticed, it just that Momma saw the picture I was copying)
 So, I asked Momma to buy me a new navy blue shirt at Walmart the next time she went. When she went to Walmart she gave me a brand new navy shirt which was ready for painting. That night I started on my new shirt with high hopes. It went quite well and I just needed to do one more coat. It was getting late so I decided to just wait till tomorrow to finish it. So, the next day I got to work on my shirt. It was going great until I was pouring some paint into the paint lid (dumb idea) so I could dip my brush in it. Well... yeah... I ended up pouring WAY to much paint into it and a huge puddle of white paint all over my new dark navy shirt. NO! Frantically trying to get the paint out I got it in the sink and started scrubbing. "Yay, it's coming out!" I thought as the big white blob started disappearing. But I didn't account for the fact that the letters on the shirt were also wet. It got all over the shirt, even leaving a weird white spot on the back. I was so disappointed (again) that I (also again) threw out the shirt. After a couple hours, my siblings convinced me to dig it out of the trash and at least try to get the paint out. So, I finally got the worst part of the paint out. There are still some specks on it but they ended up looking like little stars, so that turned out great!
 So now I was not as sad about ruining the shirt. But then... I was sitting on Hannah's bed with her new white comforter. I was holding a blue pen. It was one of those pens where there is an overabundance of ink. Well, (not thinking) I sat it on the bed (without its lid) while I was doing something else. I didn't notice it until it was way too late. All of a sudden I saw Hannah's beautiful new white comforter with two big blue spots. "Why is this happening to me?!" I thought. So, I quickly got a wet washcloth and tried to get the blue out of the blanket. It was only making it worse. So (practically in tears) I came out to the main area dragging the queen-sized comforter behind me. I brought it to Bekah and stated that I just ruined another thing that day. She assured me that ink can come out with alcohol so it wasn't that big of a deal. And thankfully when I told Hannah she was totally fine with it also assuring me that she could get it out.
 Thankfully nothing, in the end, was ruined (except the first shirt). And the little paint specks on my shirt add a fun unique detail that wouldn't have happened otherwise. God really takes terrible things and changes them for HIs glory!

Comments

  1. I've had lots of days like that! <3 You should post a picture of the finished shirt! :-)

    And aren't siblings awesome?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts