Why I Love Frisbee

 

This was taken when we played on Thanksgiving.

 Matthew and I have been going to this frisbee group for over a year now. If you know me at all you know how much I love this group! I wanted to take a moment and write this post really explaining why I love it so much. 

  A few years ago, when we moved from Oregon, was a sad time. Even though I hadn't made a ton of friends in Oregon there were still so many people we loved and missed when we moved. Also, Susanna has just gotten married and I'm really close to her, so that whole thing was really hard! I really just wanted a friend! So, I prayed, I prayed every day that God would give me a friend my age that would encourage me in my life. I would get discouraged when I'd see our church youth group and how immature it was. I didn't want those kinds of friends in my life but I still wanted friends. I really had no idea what God had in store for me!

 Joshua Booy had told us about this frisbee group he was apart of and he really though we would enjoy it. But we didn't go for awhile until one weekend Hannah wanted to go. So she dragged us there even though we didn't really want to go! But we did go and it was amazing! There were a lot of people there from 14-20 years old, my age range!!! They were the most inviting nice people and were so patient with us even though we were pretty terrible! 

 We kept going every Saturday falling more in love with this sport and the group! I remember one time after we were going for about a month, we were leaving a people were saying good bye a giving me hugs! That was one of those times that was just so fun! We were getting into the group and making friends which was just so exciting! 

 During quarantine we didn't go which was the saddest thing ever! Once we started going again after about 2 months I loved it even more than before, if that's even possible. 

 A few months later we started a little league playing on Tuesdays as well as Saturdays! I loved being on a team and learning new plays. Also, I really felt like I got to know some of the people a lot better through that! 

 Since then I've gotten to know a more people a lot better and being able to talk and connect to people on things other than frisbee. I love that I've made so many friends and learned a sport that I honestly has no idea of before! I love that this group if fun but the people in it are also mature. It's nice to be surrounded with friends that lift me up and that I can get advice from.

 I'm so glad God gave me frisbee! It's so hard to think that I didn't have this a year and a half ago! How did I survive? God is so good and I thank Him every day for giving me the group! 

Comments

Popular Posts