Social Media Fast is Over!!!

 And honestly, I didn't feel like I was starving once I came back. I watched a few Kayley Melissa and went through the channels I REALLY liked and put their videos in my watch later but besides that, I haven't watched any videos and I don't feel like I need to.
 One of the main reasons I went on this fast was because I would always binge watch videos on the phone during the afternoon. However, since starting this fast I've found other uses of my time- making MATTLAD movies, reading a lot more, being more responsible with my dinners, and working out. I would really recommend it to anyone who just grabs their phone when their board because it forces you to find better uses of your time!
 Now you might be wondering, "Did she really not get on any social media the whole month?" And honestly, no. I did get on YouTube for several reasons. First to post videos, listen to music when I'm editing\writing\doing German, and a couple times some of us siblings would watch a YouTube movie together. So I didn't completely do it perfectly but I did accomplish what I wanted to.

 The YouTuber who I got this idea from was Matt D'Avella. He's doing this thing this year where every month he'll pick a habit he wants to make (or break) and work on it and only it for the whole month, then once the month is over he'll go on to a new habit.
 I really liked this idea so for the month of May I'm not going to wear makeup. I picked this one for three reasons- 1. To be healthy. It's no secret that makeup is not the healthiest thing for your face so a month away from it might help my skin. 2. Save money. You pay for makeup when you use it, but when you don't use it you don't pay for it. It's not rocket science! 3. Makeup becoming an idol. Before last December I hardly wore makeup but then I got into it and now I feel like I have to wear makeup or just look ugly. I know that that's not true but every now and then I'll start thinking that way.
 So that's what's coming up next!

Comments

  1. Wow, nice job! I need to do this, too!

    I had gotten to that point with makeup, too. I had to wear mascara every day or I thought I looked terrible. It took a little while, but I soon quit wearing it entirely. Now I use it only on Sundays, but I honestly don't care if I forget/don't have time to put it on because I don't think I look naked without it. Sometimes doing a full detox is good to get your mindset right.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts