My First Time Hiking!

Yes, this was my first hike. I know the one question you're aking, "Did you like it?" Did I like it? Well, you'll have to read the whole post before finding out! =D
We left home at 5:00 am and hit the trail around 7:00 am.


Most of the way was plain forest so when we came to an open spot we pulled out the camera.


"It's such a great background we have to take a pic!"


Once we got there we needed more water. It's harder than it looks to pump the water purifier! 
We got there pretty early so all day we sat around and played games like 20 questions and hangman. 


Selfie!




The leaves made crackling sounds when they burned so we called them cracklack (took the name from Gomer Pile).

Drying my jeans by the fire. Most of the time I was pretty wet! So miserable!


Nice face, Hannah ; P


Now she smiles sweetly

Drying my coat by the fire. As I said before, I was wet the whole time!

We found some nice wood!

Trying to stay warm by the fire. 


The next morning! Trying to dry our packs before heading off.
Trying to warm\dry myself by the fire.

Making breakfast

Morning coffee or for me, morning tea =)

We were confused at whose cabin this was. We decided it was Smoky Bear's until we saw that it was an old ranger station. =)

Getting more water. We may have made Matthew do it the whole time. =D

Some last minute pics of nature.





And we're off again. In case you were wondering the way there was easy at the very beginning then it got kinda hard. But on the way back about halfway my legs turned to jello and my feet hurt like crazy (I'm still sore!)

We made it back to the car!!!!! There was much rejoicing! =)
 So we're at the end, and as I promised I will answer the question your dying to know, did I enjoy my first hike. Putting it plainly, no, I did not like going on this hike. It was cold and miserable and I don't know why anyone would walk for two hours straight with a pack on your back that's like your same weight (well, maybe not that heavy). It also seemed extremely unsanitary, seriously, the way you wash dishes is with warm water that is full of pine needles and leaves with a few squirts of soap to pretend that we're cleaning the dishes. It just seemed very gross!
 But now that I've tared apart hiking I will say, it did have some moments that were kinda fun and any chance to eat junk food and not feel guilty, I'm in! It was fun in some areas but I won't be going on any more hikes soon.

Comments

  1. Looking through these pictures made me want to go hiking again! Yeah it's cold and miserable, but that's part of the fun! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts