Why I Workout

Okay, you all know I workout, like a lot. Everyone knows you should workout, but why? My mom was always into working out so that's what me and all my siblings did. It was always something fun to do as a family. I loved having fun with aerobics or just some workout DVD we had lying around. It was simple and pure, there was no need to loose weight or get skinny, it was just fun. When I was a bit older (around 12) I started working out because of health. Still at this point I more though of it as helping my body more than anything else. I followed this one YouTube video over and over again. I never actually thought of doing a couple different workouts, I just followed one and that was good for me. I don't know when axactly, but I found a channel- PopSugar Fitness. I loved the diversity in training and I found that I could push myself like I had never before! But this is also when I started thinking of fitness as a way to look different, look skinnier. Forever I thought that being skinny was not for girls like me but then I realized that maybe if I worked hard enough I might be able to flatten my shomach or thin out my thighs. It's sad because those things aren't necesarily bad but when you make it the only goal you take away health and happiness and just become miserable. Thankfully, I never took it so far and had an eating disorder or anything, but I sorta lost sight of why I used to workout. I cotinued to workout mostly full body but I always finished with abs in hopes to get that six-apck, well more like just a flat stomach. In the past year I started challenging myself by making the workouts longer and harder. As I challenged myself I found beauty not in how my body looked but what it could do. I found so much strength from doing longer and longer workouts not because I was burning more calories, but because I found a new love as I killed my body with burpees and planks. The stonger I felt the more I loved the pain. Also, this became the one time in my day that I could control. In our lives with so many crazy things that don't make sense, working out makes sense. Now I do want to point out that working out can not ever fix all your problems, it is not a replacement for God. It can be so easy in life to get so into something it becomes your everything but every day I pray that God would help me keep my priorities in check, and that I would workout for His glory, not my own. But part of why I love working out is that it is a way to honor God. So, why do I workout? It's because every time I do another rep of burpees or push-ups I feel more alive and it's my way to honor God through my body. This is my time to spend with myself and feel the blood God gave me rushing through my veins! That hour of my day is my favorite time to just feel alive. =) Thanks so much for reading this post! Please let me know if you'd like to see more like it! Bye!

Comments

  1. Idk, but when I posted this blogger smooshed it into one big paragraph. sowie lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts